Join Now About Dave Ramsey FAQ

You need Macromedia Flash Player 8+ to view the tour.
Click below to download the free player.
Username
Password
Remember Me

Dave Ramsey's My Total Money Makeover Community

Dave Ramsey's principles on handling money are restoring hope in the lives of others. My Total Money Makeover has become one of the most trusted online communities in the area of personal finance. It's a place people feel comfortable asking questions about specific financial situations. Millions of dollars in debt have been paid off by My Total Money Makeover members by using this site to make a plan and stay motivated toward reaching their goals. Do you want to be a member? To get started, click here.
My Total Money Makeover Community
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Frugal Baby Shower Gift
Topic Summary: ... if you needed an idea :)
Created On: 11/04/2012 10:03 PM
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 11/04/2012 10:03 PM
User is offline Print this message

MyTMMO User
Why call it The Dave Ramsey Show when I’m around?

Since it can be tough to come up with good yet frugal gifts I thought I would share what I made for my cousin's baby shower this weekend, total cost under $25:

The frame was originally $34.99; but, I had a 40% off coupon, I bought 10 sheets of colored paper at .59 each (approx) to cut out the leaf design and the frame around the baby's ultrasound picture, printed for .21 at CVS, I had the cream background paper. At the shower I had everyone write a message to the baby and while they were playing games I did a quick assemble. I had put photo squares on the backs of the leaves before the party so it was a simple peel and stick job.

Pretty cool if I do say so myself
Would you like to contribute to this conversation? Learn How : Link To : Top : Bottom
 11/05/2012 04:07 AM

MyTMMO User
Sold the kids

That is lovely she will have something that she can give the child when she is going to be a grandma
Would you like to contribute to this conversation? Learn How : Link To : Top : Bottom
 11/05/2012 06:20 AM

MyTMMO User
I stole Dave's boat

That's a neat idea! Shapes of baby rattles or alphabet blocks would be a cool thing, too, if someone doesn't want to do leaves.
 11/05/2012 06:33 AM

MyTMMO User
I like stuff

That is adorable! I would have loved something like this from my baby shower, I'm a sucker for sentimental things like this.
 11/05/2012 07:27 AM

MyTMMO User

That's a neat idea! Shapes of baby rattles or alphabet blocks would be a cool thing, too, if someone doesn't want to do leaves.

Totally!

I went with leaves because my cousin (the dad) is a very outdoorsey type person. He works at a natural preserve on the weekends, bird watches for fun, that sort of thing. They also don't know the sex of the baby and had requested gender neutral items. Mom likes giraffes; so, I went wih their coloring of yellow, orange, and brown which happened to work very well with leaves.

I would totally do butterflies for a little girl, different kinds of trucks would be cute for a boy - it's totally open to whatever you'd like; but, there are all these sweet wishes for the baby, reminders to mom and dad to take it all in, and in a nice clutter free way. To be honest, it was kinda a cheat as I did the same sort of thing after my shower. I took all the cards and framed them in a big collage (sp?) and it's still in my sons room. Lot's of well wishes for baby.
 11/05/2012 07:57 AM

MyTMMO User
Living like no one else

That is such a cool idea! Great job.
 11/05/2012 02:21 PM

MyTMMO User
I am Dave

I wish I was artsy like this........great idea....wish i had seen it before I ordered off of babysrus a few minutes ago!!!
 11/05/2012 04:32 PM

MyTMMO User

Thank you - to be fair it helps a great deal to own a Cricut
Statistics
There are currently 10 users logged in.

© 2014 Lampo Licensing, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

FuseTalk Enterprise Edition - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.